Sunday, January 27, 2008

NCLEX results

This is the info I have:
* the average time it takes to find out if you passed the NCLEX is about 3 days (don't freak of it takes longer. I've heard that if they have not processed your degree info then it may take longer than the average. One girl that I knew waited 14 days b/c she was taking a class for her general education and it took her instructor a while to post the grades and such)
* you can check to see if you passed by looking at the following website http://www2.dca.ca.gov/pls/wllpub/wllqryna$lcev2.startup?p_qte_code=RN&p_qte_pgm_code=7800 (this website updates daily yet seems to be a day behind the current date. This means they update it on Saturday with new info from Friday).
* It's true what they say about there "not really being a way to study for it". I combined reading with LOTS of test questions from multiple sources. I think this is individual for each person. I was scheduled to take the test at 8am, so I made sure to do my practice test questions at that time to get myself used to testing in the morning.
* The test is designed in a way that makes you feel as if you have missed alot of questions and as a result the thought that you failed comes at you quite often while you wait for the results. Try to stay calm so your family does not move out just to get away from you.
* If your scheduled to take it in Roseville the Best Western on Harding is reasonably priced and it is about 5-10 min from the testing center. They have free high speed wireless internet so bring your laptop and you can review with your online sources the night before. They also had a coffee pot and refrigerator so I brought my coffee and some snacks.
* Eat a good meal the night before, b/c if your anything like me anything you ate in the morning could feel like it's not gonna stay where you put it. There's a good resturaunt near the hotel called Claim Jumpers. The food was really good and the prices were reasonable.
* Lastly and most importantly....Good Luck Everyone. We have been together for 2 years and so I feel as if I can safetly say that we are all very smart individuals. We know the information. You will pass.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hello, I'm searching for NCLEX related blogs like mine http://nclexreviewers.com and I stumbled your site, nice blog!. I hope you could also include me in your blogroll.

By the way, you have a very good writing skills here. Keep up the good work.