Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Today I held a beating heart,too !

Today was a blessed day since I got to experience holding a beating heart in my hands too (Same Sx as Bonnie) ! An awesome experience in which I hope every single one of us can do in this journey. I was even telling my clinical instructor Mr. Meza that I might faint during the Sx; however, he told me to be positive and get the best experience I can get. I didn't know which Sx I will be going to but I got to go to an open heart surgery (CABG - Coronary Artery Bypass Graft). I held the beating heart gently for a few seconds and then the surgeon told me to feel the lung expanding. The Scrub RN let me felt the Aorta beating and everything was so amazing ! I'm still in cloud nine I guess with this wonderful experience !

6 comments:

Lili Ley-Han said...

Way cool!!!!!! I hope I get to have an exciting experience like yours sometime in the next two years.

Blessie said...

YOU'RE THE MAN!

Harrison Cole said...

Cool Rupert! Keep sharing the experiences!

Harrison

Bonnie Boss said...

Alright Rupert! Way to go!! I know that cloud nine awesome feeling too. We are never going to forget it!

Rupert Remont said...

Thanks everyone !

liana said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.