Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Arent we all adults.

What is the problem?

What is all the commotion about the tea? As far as I know there has only been one meeting and it was a time when I wasnt even at the campus. Why dont we have a meeting directly after the Thursday lecture so that way we are all on the campus, thus making it easier to attend. I think its a little ridiculous the various blogs complaining about the lack of effort and that the previous semester students feel they need to give us talkings too. We are all adults, capable adults, with the ability of organizing a welcoming tea.

Liana, I havent talked to you one on one, but whats gone on, other than the lack of donation money and the episode with the box? Is it anything I, or my clinical group, can help with?

~Jodie~

1 comment:

liana said...

Well Jodie, I think that the problem with the tea is just that, lack of donations in $$$ from our classmates. I have talk several times and tried to stress how important it is for us to give even if it is only 3.00. However, many of our classmates have failed to do so and it is a little bit ridiculous when comments come from such adults that should know better like “they will never even know if we donate or not”. I could have printed out a roster and marked down every time a person contributed their part but I felt that we were all honest adults and I sure did not think that I would ever hear people say things like that. I am not going to push anymore if our class does not want to pitch in then fine. There has been several people that have emailed me wanting to help and I guess that we will just have to work our butts off to try and to get $$$ from outside sources. The 175.00 that I have collected will not supply food, drinks and decorations for 100 people. People are just encouraging those that have not given there share in $$$ to take the time to do so, that is what all of this is about. So if there is anything that you can do is to see who did not pitch in from your clinical group and encourage them to do their share. I will also announce on Thursday that I will be having a short meeting after lecture for anyone that cannot make it on Monday. I just thought that Monday would be easier for everyone since most of us have Pharm. I did not take into consideration those with skills lab but I am going to make up for that by having a meeting after lecture tomorrow and the following Thursday. The semester is almost up and we need to get the most important things out of the way before we recess for summer break. So Jodie, try to encourage those around you (and yourself) to come to the meeting. This represents our class as a whole I wish that it was a 79 person group effort, not just half of our group effort. So I hope that this clears up any confusion and I am sure that people are just trying to help and did not mean to sound hateful. :)