Sunday, May 07, 2006

Tony,I am so very proud of you for speaking up about the welcoming tea. I have advocated for those helping every time that I run into a first semester student...one person told me her excuse for not helping was that...."let the younger ones do it." Are you kidding me?! It is so very hard to do this job, and I know, because I did it for you all..this with school, work, children and life...so there should be no excuses.I agree as you say, for what reason do we become nurses...one of the most unselfish proffessions around, yet some sit on the sidelines watching your fellow classmates practically beg for help? Absolutely sad and so very uncalled for...you all need to play a part and help with the planning and putting on of your responsiblites..the welcoming tea, is ALL of your responsiblity...please remember how you all felt the day of the tea.Those of you not participating should be ashamed of yourself, your excuses will never get you anywhere in life, or your career in nursing...lesson number one..take responsibility, and as you will learn in nursing five...giving of one's self is one of the greatest things you can do for that patient, and you will soon find..that giving of self, is a gift that you are giving to you as well.

No comments: